Welcome to the PreViser Corporation website ("Site").
1. The Information We Collect
There are two kinds of information websites can obtain about you:
(A) Anonymous Information
"Anonymous Information" is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. Anonymous Information is aggregate data that websites use to administer their sites. This Anonymous Information comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, and may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address (if not deleted, clipped or anonymized). PreViser may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site information.
An IP address is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site's servers, and may use it to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user.
(B) Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. When a clinician creates an account with PreViser in order to access the Oral Health Information Suite (“OHIS”) of oral health assessment tools, he/she provides personal information needed to identify use of the OHIS, place the dentist’s name on patients reports, etc.
2. How We Use Gathered Information
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
(A) Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting, and to help improve the quality of this Site and its design. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers.
(B) Personally Identifiable Information:
Personally Identifiable Information collected by PreViser may be used for purposes including administration of the Site, forum registration, enrollment in and administration of services offered by PreViser and its third-party providers (including without limitation the ePayment Service), and communications with you. We share Personally Identifiable Information you provide in enrollment forms or otherwise provide in connection with enrollment in and/or services offered through the Site, including without limitation PreViser's ePayment Service, with our third-party service providers as necessary to provide such services to you. In all cases, however, we will only use your information as permitted by law. We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. This Site incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and database encryption. Please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, PreViser cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through this Site.
4. Disclosure of Information Through Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the event that a portion or substantially all of PreViser's assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including Personally Identifiable Information) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
5. Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") defines a "Child" as anyone under the age of 13. PreViser strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
6. External Links
This Site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using this Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through this Site. This Policy and the use of this Site are governed by Washington State law. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Seattle, Washington, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
8. Special Notice to California Residents
PreViser may modify this Policy at any time, at its discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on this Site. You are responsible for reviewing this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it.
10. Patient Privacy
Although it is necessary for administrative purposes for PreViser to collect personal information from clinicians using PreViser services, we do not collect or store Personal Health Information (PHI) except in encrypted and de-identified form. However, PreViser may transmit encrypted PHI to third parties under these circumstances:
- Disclosure to Health Plan Sponsor, Which May Be an Employer. Although PHI that we store is de-identified through encryption, encrypted PHI may be disclosed and decrypted by the sponsor of the dental plan under which the patient’s benefits are provided solely for the purpose of administering benefits under the dental plan. The plan sponsor may be the employer or affiliated with the employer. PHI may also be disclosed to another dental or medical plan maintained by that plan sponsor for purposes of facilitating claims payments under that other health plan. We will make disclosures to the plan sponsor only if the plan sponsor has certified that it has put into place plan provisions requiring the sponsor to keep the PHI protected.
We may, however, disclose certain encrypted and de-identified PHI to the plan sponsor without a certification in the form of a summary of health information to the plan sponsor for the purpose of obtaining premium bids or to modify, amend, or terminate the group dental or medical plan. Summary health information is summary claims information that has been stripped of most information that can link it to particular individuals.
- Military and Veterans. If the patient is a member of the armed forces, we may release their encrypted PHI as required by military command authorities who may decrypt it. We may also release encrypted PHI on foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority.
- Research. We may use or disclose encrypted PHI to researchers when an institution's review board or special privacy board has reviewed the proposed study and established protocols to ensure the privacy of the health information used in their research and determined that the researcher does not need to obtain your authorization prior to using your PHI for research purposes.
- Inmates. If the patient is an inmate of a correctional institution or under the custody of a law enforcement official, we may release the encrypted PHI to the correctional institution or law enforcement official where it may be decrypted. This release would be necessary (1) for the institution to provide the patient with health care; (2) to protect the patient’s health and safety or the health and safety of others; or (3) for the safety and security of the correctional institution.
While the above describes how PreViser will protect PHI, dental insurers or other entities receiving encrypted PHI may have different privacy policies. For information on the Privacy Policies of all entities PreViser may share encrypted and de-identified PHI with, please contact PreViser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Account Revisions, Revoking & Deleting Personal Information
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this Site. You may contact us at:
20849 Cascade Ridge Drive
Mount Vernon, WA 98274