PreViser: Efficiently increasing patient communication, compliance and case acceptance
PreViser analytic software gives you, the oral healthcare professional, an easy to use, objective and reproducible way to measure, understand, and communicate your patients’ oral health risk and disease level as simple numeric scores.
PreViser’s core technology is the Oral Health Information Suite – OHIS for short – a secure and HIPAA compliant cloud-based chairside software resource measuring risk and severity for caries, periodontal disease and oral cancer.
PreViser risk scores add the ‘third dimension’ to an understanding of patient needs, and differentiate between patients with the same current health/disease state, but who are at varying potentials that this state will deteriorate.
> Risk as the 3rd Dimension
PreViser for Dental Practices
Using the OHIS with your patients benefits both YOU and your patients!
- Increased Acceptance of Treatment Recommendations by Patients
- Improved Compliance to Treatment Protocols
- Improved Patient Satisfaction and Retention as it serves as a barrier to patient switching
- Increased business through early treatment of periodontal work
- Documentation of Treatment Recommendations reduces risk of malpractice suits
- Offers a true patient-centered oral health experience as results are specific to the individual patient and based on a science-backed algorithm
- Results are immediate
- Consumer friendly, colorful reports help educate the patient about the importance of oral health and on compliance with the recommended care
- Graphs track patient progress over time serving as a motivator for the patient to remain engaged
PreViser for Academic Institutions
Caries and periodontal disease have been shown to be largely eradicable diseases. Keys to achieving this objective are effective means of identifying patients at elevated risk of disease and agreement on methods for measuring, describing, and treatment planning for disease when it does occur.
PreViser technology offers an easy-to-use and clinically validated method for identifying periodontal disease risk and describing a periodontal disease state, as well as a practical method for characterizing risk of caries, caries severity, and oral cancer risk.
Because PreViser’s oral disease risk and severity scores are increasingly being used by national insurers to adjudicate enhanced benefits, schools across the U.S. are incorporating PreViser education into their curricula. In the academic setting, PreViser’s clinical tool, the Oral Health Information Suite – OHIS – offers dental and hygienist students a clinical learning tool that can be used to benchmark assessments, making it valuable for instruction and validation.
To learn more about incorporating PreViser into your curriculum, click here
The following institutions recommend performing risk assessments on all patients as part of the process of care
American Dental Association (ADA)
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
American Academy of Oral Medicine (AAOM)